Saturday, February 4, 2012

Just the Beginning...

Today I posed the question to myself, "Am I really capable of having a happy and healthy lifestyle that I choose and am not ashamed of?" My immediate reply to myself was, "How can I know, I've never actually given it an honest shot?"


Do you remember when you were learning to tie your shoes by yourself and your parents showed you many, many times and then had you attempt it. You didn't get it the first time you tried, nor the second, and eventually you would become frustrated and say to your parents, "I just can't do it!" They would either reply by telling you to give it another go, or some people's parents would do it for them. The people whose parents who made them try again eventually learned to tie their shoes. The people who, upon giving up their parents simply did it for them forever wear velcro shoes. I don't know about you, but I don't want to be stuck with velcro forever.


Today is a day for physical, mental, and spiritual change. Today is just the beginning...


When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.— Victor Frankl



2 comments:

  1. I don't want you to be stuck with velcro forever either! :) You are a very strong willed person. I believe that you are capable of doing anything you set your mind to do.

    ReplyDelete