Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thoughts on Easy Fitness Options...

So today I've been contemplating all the easy fitness options we all have everyday that aren't taken advantage of. We have a tendency to take the elevator to the second floor when we all know we can easily walk one flight of stairs (unless disabled) without too much hassle, but we choose to wait on the elevator instead. We get in our car and drive instead of walking to the corner store that is less than a five minute walk away from our home. This is not only a great way to get in that little bit of exercise but, it also saves gas and by extension money!


I know I am notorious for taking the campus shuttle to the gym, which is a good thirty minute walk from my dorm, but it would be a great warm-up and if I used some extra time management skills I could easily walk there and back to warm up and cool-down from my workout. So this week I'm taking the stairs, leaving my car parked, and walking to the gym when it is possible for me to take advantage of these easy fitness options...


Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment